How do you use hydrogen peroxide as a teeth whitener?
Using hydrogen peroxide as a rinse:
- Mix equal amounts hydrogen peroxide with water, such as 1/2 cup to 1/2 cup.
- Swish this mixture around your mouth for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Stop and spit out the solution if it’s hurting your mouth and try not to swallow any of the mixture.
Using hydrogen peroxide in a paste:
- Mix a few teaspoons of baking soda in a dish with a small amount of peroxide.
- Start to mix the soda and peroxide together with a clean spoon.
- Keep adding a little bit more peroxide until you get a thick — but not gritty — paste.
- Use a toothbrush to apply the paste to your teeth using small circular motions for two minutes.
- Leave the paste on your teeth for a few minutes.
- Then, thoroughly rinse off the paste by swishing water around your mouth.
Make sure you remove all of the paste before moving on with your day.